As one knows, most browsers have an incognito mode. This mode lets you browse the Internet privately so no one else can see what you’re up to. Nothing is saved when you exit incognito mode, meaning you obtain the best privacy possible.
However, there are times when you might want to view your incognito history to remember the one website you visited. Alternatively, you might be curious if there’s a way to delete your history for good if it’s accessible. So, if you’ve been asking yourself, “How can I view my incognito history or delete my search history?” this article will answer.
We will also tell you why your browsing history is not as safe as you would think, even if you are using incognito mode to browse.
How Does Incognito Mode Work?
If you’ve used an incognito browser before, you might be curious to know how it works and its limitations. Of course, knowing this is ideal if you want the best privacy possible, so let’s begin.
When you browse the World Wide Web, your history is saved, along with cookies that can log your actions. These bits of information can personalize your Internet experience and make it easier for you to log in, save websites, and have an experience catered to you. However, many people do not want to be tracked, or they might share a computer with someone. Not only that, but a spy app or phone tracking app can gain access to your information even if your computer isn’t shared.
If you’re wondering how to go incognito, it’s pretty simple. Most apps have a “new private window” option or an “incognito mode” option in the hamburger menu. Click it, and you’re in. Once you exit, all your information should be gone from your browser history.
For that and many other reasons, people wish to use an incognito tab. However, we should mention that the tab does have its limitations. For example, they can still track you if you log into Facebook. Not only that, but your computer can still store your incognito mode information through DNS caching. We’ll get to that later on.
So, if you ask yourself: “How can I view my incognito history?” We’ll show you several ways.
How to View Incognito History on Android Devices
If you have an Android device, you might wonder how to see incognito history. Here are some ways it is possible:
- Use a phone tracking app or spy app. First, you must install the app on the target device and create a plan. Then, you can monitor the phone with that app, including seeing incognito history.
- Another way you can view your history is to add a browser extension to Chrome. Some extensions, such as “Off the record tracking,” allow you to view your history even in incognito mode.
How to View Incognito History on iOS
Because iOS phones are more locked down, it’s difficult to find apps that can view incognito history. Some apps are compatible with the iPhone, but it is still challenging.
Your best bet is to look for data recovery software with the iPhone. These programs let you recover all the data on your phone, including cached data from your incognito browser. If you have to ask yourself, “How do I view my incognito history on my iPhone?” – this is the best way.
How to View Incognito History on Windows
With Windows, you have many more options to view your history than other devices. There are tracking programs and browser extensions you can use to view your history if you want to. However, there is a more straightforward way to see it.
Your computer stores cache information locally and can show it via the command prompt. Here’s how:
- Go to the start menu, and search “Command Prompt”. You should see the option to select it. Right-click it, and click “Run as administrator”.
- After that, type “ipconfig /displaydns”.
- If typed correctly, you should see a history of your recent activity, including your incognito history.
How to Delete Incognito History on Windows
While having your incognito history available on your Windows PC can be worrisome, it’s luckily easy for you to delete. Here’s how.
- Once again, run Command Prompt as an administrator. See the previous section for further details.
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” and and press Enter to clear the DNS.
- Your history is now deleted. So you can rest easier knowing that people will not see it.
If you want to ensure it’s gone, you can also type the command prompt to view it. This way, you can have some extra peace of mind.
How to Delete Incognito History on macOS
What if you have a Mac? Is it possible for you to delete your incognito history there? Yes, it is. Deleting your incognito history is similar to how it is on Windows. Here’s how you do it:
- Click on Go, then Utilities. There, you should see a program called Terminal. Click on it.
- This is similar to the Command Prompt in Windows. However, the command you type is a little different. In the command line window, type: sudo dscacheutil -flushcache;sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder.
- You might be asked to enter the password for your computer. If this happens, enter it.
- If done correctly, your history is now cleared!
View Incognito History with SpyBubble
Now, if you’re asking yourself, “How can I view my incognito history with SpyBubble?” you’re in luck because we got the answer.
SpyBubble is a tracking app you can use to track your children, your employees, or a spouse you believe is cheating. Here’s how to track:
- Click Try Now to register. There, enter your email, choose the operating system, make up your mind on the subscription plan, and make the purchase.
- Now, install the app on the target device. You can install it through iCloud as well.
- After that, you can view the history by visiting your user space dashboard. In your account, you will be able to monitor many activities relating to the target device, such as:
- Contacts log and address book
- SMS and texts on messengers and social media
- GPS location
- Keystokes, allowing you to get passwords
- Deleted messages
- Camera snapshots
If you’re asking yourself, “How can I view my incognito history?” we hope this article has satisfied your question. Incognito mode can be an excellent way to be private, but it’s not foolproof. Spy apps, as well as DNS caching, can be your downfall if you’re not careful.
Also, remember that there is no such thing as 100% security. You can use all the VPNs and incognito modes you want, and someone with enough willpower can still view them. So always keep that in mind, and avoid doing something you will regret later.
Can incognito mode be traced?
While incognito mode does allow for more privacy, it’s not foolproof. If there’s a spy app on your phone or computer, it can view your incognito mode activities. There are extensions as well to let you keep your incognito mode history. If you’re trying to browser securely, remember that anything can be traced, so don’t go thinking just an incognito browser can save you. You might want to consider other protections as well.
Can I retrieve incognito history?
Yes, you can. Incognito mode history is logged as part of your device’s DNS cache. You can retrieve it through a command prompt or use recovery programs. If you’re asking yourself, “How can I view my incognito history?” – it’s relatively easy if you follow the instructions. This article is a guide on how to view history via different methods.
Can I see incognito history on WiFi?
When browsing, be mindful of using public WiFi networks. While they appear safe, the owners can view your history. In addition, using specific software, they can view your incognito history.
If you want to be sure that you’re safe, avoid open WiFi networks when you need to browse securely. They claim to be safe, but some of them aren’t as secure as you would like to believe. So be mindful of that whenever you’re browsing on an open WiFi.
Is it possible to delete incognito history on iPhone?
Yes, it is. There are several simple apps you can download to delete your history. With apps, be sure you are downloading one highly rated and can delete the history for good. Read the reviews, and see if there are any strings attached. For example, some apps don’t offer secure erasing on their free version.
Is it possible to delete incognito history on Android?
Like with iPhone, you can download apps that can delete incognito history on Android. As usual, read the reviews and ensure the app you’re downloading has the required features. In addition, you can download computer programs if you’re going to wipe your history externally.